Friday, April 2, 2010

Fairbanks

Last night we overstayed our welcome at the venue in Nenana. The poor restaurant managers needed to go home to bed and people kept trickling in to talk to Ralph. Everything was packed up so I started loading the motorhome and Ralph went off to the community center to talk more with some people for a few minutes. He came back two hours later. I'm laughing. My iPod's pretty well stocked so I was rocking out in the motorhome hoping he hadn't been kidnapped or something.

I have realized that voters who live along the road system are a very conservative bunch and there are a lot of political junkies like Ralph who can sit and chew the fat for hours. My head would explode.

Driving into Fairbanks through the rolling hills from Nenana at sunset was indescribably beautiful. We are experiencing the best weather we could ask for. We arrived at the hotel in Fairbanks around 10: 30.

Ralph had to set up appointments by phone this morning and then he went to do a radio interview, a luncheon, a meeting, and then maybe a tv interview. I didn't go to any of that. Instead I Googled "lunch" and found a Thai food place a few blocks away. I know, I know, it's always about the food with me. What can I say? It was great!

We are headed to the Military Appreciation Banquet in a little while. I'm all dressed up and ready to go. Hope I don't slip and fall on the ice in my dainty evening shoes. We are in Fairbanks for a couple more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment