Monday, June 14, 2010

Johannesburg

So, no, I'm not in South Africa. That would be pretty sweet. The 2010 World Cup started Friday and for the preliminary round there are three games per day. We are watching a lot of soccer on tv. World Cup is one of the reasons we got a big flat-screen tv. As much as my husband dislikes sports, he tolerates my love of soccer. We have several friends who don't have tv or cable so we started hosting World Cup viewing at our house Saturday afternoon. Today three people showed up at 6am for the Dutch vs the Danes. I had whipped up a batch of muffins while the coffee was brewing. We are doing this again tomorrow morning and I've already baked blueberry and also lingonberry muffins. Tomorrow's early morning match is Portugal vs. Ivory Coast. I really enjoy watching soccer!

My favorite droll thing today was after watching some piece of thuggery against a player, British announcer Ian Darke said, "He was dispossessed of the ball."

No comments:

Post a Comment